There MUST be something in the water...

Look here... If I see ONE more young lady girl between the ages of 12 and 15 with a fresh LACEFRONT, I'm going to lose it... I'm sure of it... Another 7 year-old with acrylics JUST might send me over the edge... Is this the generation that will be making decisions concerning my healthcare? Is the fate of my old-age going to rest in the hands of these "boppas"?!?!?!

Now, I know that back in my Central High School days, I participated in QUITE a bit of ratchetivity. I won't even lie like I didn't do my share of underage drinking or smoke a few blunts here & there... (I told ya'll, I have to keep it 100 during this experience... LOL) I can't even count the number of days that I skipped school and went to Denny's.  Football Friday nights were DESTINED to be filled with drunken slurs, minor fender benders, & cringe-worthy hook-ups... I was FAR from a saint. 

The "New Breed", however, takes it to a-whole-nother level... Yowzers... There is such a blatant disrespect for authority running rampant among young folks. Young men have started to accept the below-average standards set for them by society.  Kids used to do "just enough to get by..." Now, we're lucky if they even give a damn ABOUT getting by. I don't even know where to begin in regards to the young "women" that are walking this Earth... Lord, have mercy on Your daughters. (SMH) These young girls have stepped completely out of the normal aging process and morphed into some super-hybrid race of baby "bops"... Boobs all out, heels with ANY outfit, lashes on everyday, drag-queen eyeshadow, lace-fronts GALORE... And this is just the crew under 15... LOL... No, but seriously, our youth are skipping youth and going straight into...  Heck, I don't even know where they're heading but it worries my very soul...

I'm making it my pesonal mission to start with just one young lady... Just one young soul who needs to know that the rush to adulthood is NOT what's up... She just needs to know that regardless of what her friends are doing around her, she can always choose to do something better... I just need to let that baby know that even when socoiety seems to have given up on her, GOD hasn't... Maybe I'll let her in on the fact that less is indeed more... She doesn't have to strive to look like a 24 year-old video model when she should be working on a science fair project... Sleeping w/ Ronnie, Bobby, Ricky, & Mike won't heal any wounds of the past or insure her future popularity... In fact, it'll probably just have her with that "not-so-fresh' feeling... These are things that girl needs to KNOW!!!

Most importanly, I need her (and you) to know that endeavoring in an upgrade doesn't have an age limit. The "Upgrade Experience" can start at any stage of life when needed... Help someone realize this and watch the upgrade that comes your way...

'Til next week... :)

Comments

TJthaDiva said…
If that ain't the truth I don't know what is! The same is going on here in Cali. I actually saw a story on a school in Alabama that had 90 girls pregnant or with a child under the age of 1! Shenanigans, I say! That is horrid! Where is the dignity and self respect???? Hell, where are their parents?!
We, as adults, need to to make ourselves more available to our youth. We need to be better role models and take on mentorship roles for our youth. We need to be better for them now so they will be better for us when we need them in the future. #truestory
Tenille said…
This was nice...it was real...u are absolutely right though...these kids are much too much these days. It all begins @ home. Nowadays, the kid is 15 and the parents are 28. It sickens me to see how disrespectful, uneducated, and how 'non goal-oriented' these children are today. They look up to society for encouragement, and examples when all they are following is a lie, a joke. I hope someone reads this and realizes their worth. Upgrade themselves...I know I am definitely in need of one myself. like you said...you're not too old to upgrade. Great message, and please be sure to alert me of your next post.
Jennifer Dawn said…
Tia, I am LOL'n @ "shenanigans"... Girl, that's EXACTLY what they are!!! These folks wanna play grown, but have NO idea what the concept is all about...

Tight, I love u friend!!! GIRL u already KNOW we had a many ratchet day those years ago... But we would've NEVER been so bold as 2 do some of the mess these kids are doing... And u KNOW we weren't talking to our elders the way they're be talked 2 now... Stella was NOT goin'!!! LOL... Subcribe 2 the blog & u'll receive updates when I post... :)

I've just been seeing young girls that seem as if they've been down THROUGH there b4 the age of 18... Completely unacceptable...
Unknown said…
Jennifer point made well! I cringe at some of the things I see these young kids saying, doing and wearing. I’m a young mother (28) with a 10 year old daughter and both I and my husband do our best to instill self-worth and self-respect in our baby-girl. We encourage her to be herself and not follow what she sees everybody else doing, to be an example and I am proud to say that she’s doing a very good job of doing just that. She’s not perfect and will try to pull a quick one on us from time to time (short shorts and skirts, bc that’s the “style”) but we quickly reel her back in and try to help her see why it’s not a good look and what kind of message does she want to send out in representation of herself and us (parents). You ladies are right it does start at home, kids are our responsibility, you look around and its obvious a lot of parents are failing at that. But it’s never too late for change, a good upgrade is just what we need and it has to start somewhere!
beauty queen said…
The number of television shows that display bad behavior outnumber those that display beautiful images. A Different World, one of my all time favs, had maybe one bop character after watching a show like that I knew self-respect. Owning my own television program show like Oprah would be the ultimate dream for me because I would make sure to show nothing on it but people who love themselves. Until that day comes I'll be censoring what children in my home can watch. And with the good Lord on my side, keep good company around(won't expect perfection but not tolerating fast wanna be grown girls).

Popular posts from this blog

Come one, come all!!! Let me upgraaaaaade you!!!

Oh, I've Got Time Today, Honty... Yaaaaaaaas...

The Company That You Keep... Be Mindful, Homie... IJS...