Come one, come all!!! Let me upgraaaaaade you!!!

The fact that you are even reading this speaks VOLUMES to me...  See, I have alot to say... I always have, even when I didn't really know what I SHOULD be saying... Many times, we talk about STUFF, but that stuff has no substance...  I think that I just may have found some substance, ya'll...

I am NOT perfect.  I've never thought that I was & I've come to accept that I never will be... I'm perfectly imperfect... However, I have spent MANY years of my young adult life striving to present the image of perfection...  I mean, c'mon ya'll... It is just an image at the end of the day... This "quest" for perfection has taken me down some winding, sometimes drastically dark roads. But, without that quest I wouldn't have the testimony that I have today.

My voice could very well be your voice... Maybe it's your sister's voice... A cousin... An old college roomate or the chick next door.  I've gone though so many monemts of my like feeling like I was so alone in regards to certain situations, when in fact there's an ENTIRE universe filled with people who have walked in these shoes (or a similar pair)... ;) I know that WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT that it's time for my voice to be heard.

It's funny how people claim to KNOW Jennifer Wilkerson.  You know what you SEE when I walk by you with that fresh Gucci out of Nieman's.  You know what you SEE when I drive by sittin' pretty.  You know what you SEE when I'm the life of the party, telling jokes & making folks laugh. Alot of folks don't know who I AM.

You see, I AM that young woman who had the cookie-cutter idea of what life is supposed to be.  Ladies, YA'LL KNOW how we do!  We get this image of college, career, hubby, kids, traveling, big house with the fence... But then a wrench gets thrown in the plan and even ONE SMALL detour can take us all the way off track.  We fall into that LIE of generational curses & blah, blah, blah. We make excuses & become complacent. We let ourselves dwell in sins of the past without cutting ourselves slack for the future.  Alot of times, we lose ourselves...  I know I did... OOOOOOHHHHH, but how GREAT IT IS TO BE FOUND!!!

It's time for an UPGRADE, people!!! You have the power to ugrade your living in EVERY area of your life... Let's upgrade our finances, our careers!!! Why not upgrade our relationships while we're at it??? Do you think that you could use a physical upgrade? Now's as GOOD of a time as any to do just that...

As God continues to lead me on this AWESOME journey that I'm embarking on, I pray that you will join me.  Let's upgrade together!

Welcome to "The Upgrade Experience"...

Comments

Unknown said…
Wow J-dub, I really enjoyed your blog. I'm definitely feeling the whole upgrade thing.
Unknown said…
You could not have stated these words any better than this. Very postive and us women that are trying to grow need these type of words for encouragment.
Unknown said…
Great Post! REEEADY FOR MY UPGRADE EXPERIENCE CHIC!!!!!
Jacqueline said…
JEN...I.PRAY.THAT.U.CONTINUE.TO.BE.BLESSED...I.MYSELF.HAVE.THE.ATTITUDE.TO.CONTINUE.TO.UPGRADE.AS.WELL.THIS.YEAR...LOOKING.FORWARD.TO.MORE.WORDS.OF.WISDOM..AND.ENCOURAGEMENT...GOD.BLESS.YOU.ON.THIS.JOURNEY..
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said…
Amen! I am so excited about The Upgraded Experience. I mostly thank God for your obedience to allow the Holy Spirit to speak to you and you listen to him, because without Him there is no UPGRADE (Holla.......lol). John 14:16-20 I am so excited about your future and all that it holds. Blessing to you!
Unknown said…
Amen! Lets do it!!! I'm on board ;-)
neshia said…
Well said friend cause so many times we as young women will allow situation to make us feel like we are not valuable. Im ready for an upgrade experience.
Unknown said…
**standing ovation** So very proud of and for you! Looking foward to reading more blogs from you. I thank God for your obediance and willingness to share your MINISTRY with us! yEA, YOU HEARD ME;)

Popular posts from this blog

There MUST be something in the water...

Oh, I've Got Time Today, Honty... Yaaaaaaaas...