Oh, so you're REALLY gonna be the Judge, the Jury, AND the Executioner??? Boo, PLEASE find yourself another line of work...

"Only God can judge me..."  FAMOUS words out of the mouth of 2Pac... And probably out of yours & mine a time or two.  But just as easily as we uttered those words, did we realize that the same principle applies to the next person???

I would not DARE type these words to you & FRONT as if I haven't passed my dishes of judgement over the years...  Oooooooh, LORD!!!!! When I just sit here & think of some of the conversations I've had over the years pertaining to other folks & THEIR business, served with a side-dish of BIASED OPINION, I just cringe.  Let's keep it all-tha-way 100, folks... I'm SURE you've browsed through a Facebook album, seen a picture of somebody in a mini-skirt leaned ALL over a table in Elevations or the likes & said, "Now, DATS a hoe..."  Maybe you've HEARD something through the grapevine about someone you BARELY know, but fixed your mouth to talk about what these folks have going on in their lives... Have you actually SNUBBED someone in a social setting due to some MESS that one of your so-called friends has going on with that person???  It happens all the time... People beefing over judgements... Folks playing jury-duty... Handing out punishments left & right... LOL... Yikes!! Sit yourself DOWN somewhere with that...

So when they continued asking Him, He raised Himself up & said to them, "He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first." (John 8:7)

I bet you that not a SINGLE person reading this could chunk a pebble, let alone cast a stone.  NONE of us are without sin, yet we have the NERVE to judge one another when we don't know the HALF of what motivates people to do the things that they do.  Before you judge old girl over that short skirt, stop & consider her upbringing.  She may just be a product of her environment who doesn't know any better (yet)...  When you sit & gossip with your little friends about why Sue Ellen is still with Bobby Joe even though you've HEARD that he goes upside her head, shut your mouth because you don't live behind those walls... THEY do & THEY know why they're still together. You want to sit up & talk down on someone who smokes that green or hits the bottle, but you don't know their personal demons. The situation becomes worse when we implant our judgemental opinions into others & it spreads like a disease, until before you know it the execution is taking place & the damage is done.

If I have EVER passed judgement on you, I extend my sincerest apologies.  I'm going to save that job for God because He's WAAAAAAAAY better at it (and more deserving of the job) than I am. On the same note, quit judging me over what you've heard or what you THINK you know through Facebook...  LOL...  I'm human. I make mistakes just like the next person.

Upgrade on out of that judgement seat & into reality...  You'll find that you're much better suited for compassion rather than cattiness...

'Til next week...

Comments

beauty queen said…
There's a saying that you can get more with honey than you can with vinegar. God loves everyone so who am I to not speak when I see my neighbor who may dress different than what is my taste or not to speak to the church lady because I know she won't speak first. Being nice is what it takes to get to heaven. Jennifer you are just the person to bring together the gap our community has had way too long!
Jennifer Dawn said…
Erica, everyday that God allows me 2 live & breath on this good earth allows another chance 4 self-evaluation... Girl, judgement against one another has GOT 2 stop!!! Thanx 4 supporting the movement!

Popular posts from this blog

Come one, come all!!! Let me upgraaaaaade you!!!

Oh, I've Got Time Today, Honty... Yaaaaaaaas...

The Company That You Keep... Be Mindful, Homie... IJS...