Hard Truths

WHERE in the world has the last month gone????  I mean, honestly...  I have been SO far away from reality that I've lost concept of time...  Days have turns into weeks & weeks into a cool month... That is NOT what's hot... But guess what??? I'm gonna keep it 100 on ALL levels because at the end of the day, a saint is just a sinner who fell down... And BOY, did I fall... HARD...

On December 18th of last year, I had a life-changing experince that prompted me to make some changes in my life.  When I made the decision to make these changes, I knew that I had to go all in... I mean, ALL OR NOTHING.  It's amazing how easy it was for me to give things up that I had indulged in for so long.  Kush didn't smell NEARLY as good as it used to... (I told ya'll - 100... No-judgement zone) The taste of Hennessey started 2 make my stomach turn... I'd rather listen to Hezekiah Walker over Lil Wayne in a heartbeat... My infamous "sailor-mouth" turned into a "saintly-mouth", which shocked even my own mother, who KNOWS that I can go left in a heartbeat... LoL... I felt a joy that I hadn't felt in years!

One hard truth that's become evident to me is that your surroundings & the people in it play a major part in whether you prosper or do-tha-fool... I would go to Arkansas for the weekend & find myself exposed to aspects from my past that I used to find pleasure in.  Now, I know that I'm a GROWN-TAIL WOMAN who can make her own decisions, but sometimes it's just so easy to be influenced by nonsense.  I would find myself driving back to Texas swapping out my Gospel Mix cd's for Lil Boosie & Yo Gotti.  I rationalized that, "Hey, there's nothing wrong with a nightcap and Black & Mild." But just those little things opened the door to MUCH greater Tom-Foolery & before you know it, my attitude was completely jacked... ALL-the-way selfish & self-serving... Everything that I was worked SO hard to upgrade in the spiritual realm was being downgraded in the worldy realm... Ohhhhhh, how the truth will set you free!!!

I'm trying to get it right, folks... I know that I'm a work-in-progress and there's no shame in saying that.  I still feel bound up by worldy desires, but as long as I know that God hasn't given up on me, then I sure haven't given up on myself.  I know that I still have a voice that needs to be heard, and I really think that it needs to be heard now more than ever.  My story isn't new... You may have experienced or be expereincing the same thing... I'm just at a point in like where I can't sugar-coat JACK. 

I know that I've worked hard for my upgrade & I REFUSE to flush it down the toilet... And that's the truth...

'Til next week... XOXOXO :)

Comments

Unknown said…
Yes your voice definitely needs to be heard. . . You are an awesome woman and I Love your spirit :)
Anonymous said…
This reminds me of a message I heard a few years back,every persons struggle is not the same. Some people struggle with drugs and need to be removed from the situation completely, while another person could sit in a room filled with drugs and be just fine. Every child of God will struggle and that's fine, it's the end result that really matters. Good Stuff!

Popular posts from this blog

Come one, come all!!! Let me upgraaaaaade you!!!

Oh, I've Got Time Today, Honty... Yaaaaaaaas...

The Company That You Keep... Be Mindful, Homie... IJS...