Needful Things

"You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you get what you need." - Mick Jagger

As humans, we are in constant need... Even when we think we don't need anything, we oftentimes feel that we do... It's a never-ending cycle of needs being met and new needs arising... But it's not an issue of you possibly needing something... The issue is, exactly what do you feel that you need and how relevant is that need to your everyday living? And what can you do to insure that need is met consistently?

Now, I can't even front... Over the years, there's been ALOT of stuff that I became mentally trained to think that I needed... Sooooooo much unnecessary bullshit, ya'll... I swear... LoL... I mean, c'mon... In reality, no one NEEDS to have their nails done in the salon every 2 weeks, no one NEEDS a new pair of pumps every week, no one NEEDS to eat out 3 times a week... I can go on and on with this, man... There are other needs we could explore, but we'll save those for another blog, you dig... (insert slick grin here) These are all luxuries that we afford ourselves, sometimes even when we really can't afford them... But, I BET you we all NEED to get that car note & insurance paid on time, we're gonna NEED gas to get us from point A to point B, we NEED lights & water, we NEED certain elements to live comfortably & productively in our society...

However, it can't be overlooked that our spiritual self has certain needs that have to be fulfilled, as well... A connection with someone greater than ourselves is necessary to continue pushing daily... A belief and a faith in someone who loves us & cares for us more than we care for ourselves can propel us into a place that we never thought that we could go... That's need, my friends... Raw & uncut need...

Establishing a solid spiritual well in which you can draw from is the essential key in taking care of yourself & getting what you need... It is the foundation of your upgrade... See, even when I'm in REAL need, I can draw from my well & sustain until its met... I can keep myself from resorting to foolery or becoming overwhlemed to the point of stress... And just like that, things fall into place, loves...

I'm telling you what I know... ;)

'Til next time... XoXoXo


Comments

Unknown said…
I cannot begin to tell you that everyday I see more positive read(s) and for the most part...IT FITS ME!!! With all that I had, went through, going through, and lost over the year. I thank GOD for what he has blessed me with and that's positive ppl and structure. Maybe LETTING GO and PRAYING for STRENGTH is the best PURCHASE EVER. Thank you and continue to feed us with your life experiences. Love ya
Unknown said…
This came at the right time. I have started to get back into chruch to heal my soul. I prayed for the Lord to show me the true nature of people and he came through in a major way. It is hard to let go of these people but they are toxic. It is hard to let go but I know it must be done.
Unknown said…
Good read this morning!

Popular posts from this blog

Come one, come all!!! Let me upgraaaaaade you!!!

Oh, I've Got Time Today, Honty... Yaaaaaaaas...