Not THESE Goodies, Boo...

"To be truly free and to grow in self-esteem, choose not to give up your growth, pursuit of fulfillment or happiness to anyone. Choose to treat yourself with dignity and proceed to move toward full love, wisdom, freedom and joy, knowing that you are the authority over you." - Lilburn Barksdale

One thing that I HATE to hear women tell other women is, “As long as you’ve got that between your legs, you should never be broke.” Especially older women saying that to younger women… Coming up, I heard that phrase & thought, “I HEARD THAT!!!!” Hell, I didn’t know any better… Not saying that I acted on that saying, but I got what they were saying…Or I THOUGHT I did… It’s all about our “womanly wiles”… Bat your lashes, smile& let your dimples show, lean in a little closer, let him smell your perfume… The little things that reel them in and get them eating out of the palm of your hand. Ok, ok, ok… I am VERY guilty of ALL of the above… But when it gets to the point of bussin’ it wide open for the light bill, you’ve gone a little too far…

I think everyone reading this has fallen on a hard time or two… Some people are out here living check to check… Sometimes, it seems like you’ll NEVER get ahead…You pay one bill & another one appears. It’s a discouraging race that we run sometimes, but its one that God has equipped us to run, whether you realize it or not…

I don’t mean NO harm, but I’m not willing to sacrifice my dignity or self-respect for a little change… Yea, I’ll tell you to “get it how you live” all day long, but I’m gonna encourage you to live RIGHT. Don’t you know that God sees your struggles?!?!?!? He wants nothing for you but the BEST, but He never promised that it would come easily. I know my situation, but I also know my God…As long as I stand on FAITH, He’ll CONTINUE to bring me through & He’ll do the same for you…

Im not trying to preach to you, I just want something better for you… I sit back & look at some of the things that people have offered me over the years, promises that they’ve made, all at a cost… One that I’m not willing to pay… There are many ways to upgrade in this life, but if you have to give up your gold just to get ahead, you’ll just end up another lost treasure…

Know better, do better…

‘Til next time… XoXoXo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Come one, come all!!! Let me upgraaaaaade you!!!

There MUST be something in the water...

The Company That You Keep... Be Mindful, Homie... IJS...