Situationships...

"We've all had situationships... Good sex, bad relationships... " - Fabolous

Okay, so I feel a certain way about music... Like, for REAL... A single verse can capture the ENTIRE essence of what a person is feeling at any given moment n time... Words against beats... Lost in the sound, the emotion... It's amazing how you can hear a song & think,"Damn, have they been looking through my window? Reading my emails & texts???" Ijs...

For the past few hours, I've have one song on repeat... "Situationships"... Fabolous... His new "The Soul Tape 3" mixtape... Omgosh... Like, for REAL? The story of my life...

I'm very open & honest about my life... My story is my testimony... Everything that I've been through has been necessary for my growth... What's scaring me though is that after all the bullshit, I've become the ULTIMATE realist... I don't give ANYONE a chance to even TRY to sell me a wolf ticket... I look at every situation with the top-factor involved: HUMAN NATURE... Human nature always ending up trumping every bit of possible logic... LoL... Sad, but true... Two people can be in a seemingly happy relationship, but behind the smoke- screen, there's complete misery... Why do people choose to live this existence? If you KNOW that you could possibly have an inclination to go left, why even bother setting someone else up for the okey-doke?

I have trust issues... #do... It is what it is... But, I also have a sincere heart... A gift & a curse... With that being said, I make no apologies for the way that I am now... I make no apologies for the fact that I don't take dudes OR chicks seriously when they shoot their shot at me... I'm about action... Shut your mouth & SHOW me... Until then, I'll continue to answer calls & texts when I please & move around as I see fit... "Why have someone laying with me every night when they just gone be lying every night?" It sounds messed up, but it's REAL!!!! I'm not bashing relationships in ANY WAY... I believe that ONE day, someone will be able to handle me & my sense of realism... One day... But until then, I'm not gonna bullshit anyone... And I sure won't let anyone bullshit me...

I guess with all these words you're reading, I just want y'all to check your "situationships"... What are you going into 2014 dealing with? "Titles ain't shit if the story don't match it..." Ain't that the truth??? You can't upgrade until you take a full stock of the people around you and the affect that they have on your life... Be HONEST with yourself about how you feel... That's the only way that you can be honest with anyone else... You can say what you want about me, but you're gonna always say that I tell you like it is... Point. Blank. Period.

Love HARD in 2014... But love HONESTLY... Don't tell anyone what you THINK that they wanna hear... When you give folks the REAL, they can't do anything but respect it... Love it or hate it...

'Til next time... XoXoXo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Come one, come all!!! Let me upgraaaaaade you!!!

Oh, I've Got Time Today, Honty... Yaaaaaaaas...

The Company That You Keep... Be Mindful, Homie... IJS...