Self-Doubt is a MOFO... #is

"I am equipped with the skill, the knowledge, and the ability to carry out the life assignments I've been given..." - Iyanla Vanzant

There isn't a single person reading this that hasn't doubted themselves at some point in life... And if you say that you haven't, you're telling a bold-faced lie... ON a Sunday... You may have doubted your competence on your job or in school... You may have doubted your place or importance in a relationship... You may have doubted your worth as a human being... Either way, you've doubted yourself on some level....

See, the thing about self-doubt is that it's like a sore... A nasty-a** festering sore... It starts out as a small nuisance,  a thought at the back of your mind.... When untreated or unacknowledged, that little sore becomes a bigger sore... Those negative, self-doubting thought begin to come to the forefront of your mind... Before long, that sore is infected and everyone can see it... Your self-doubt begins to take over your life and it shows through your actions... You find yourself pulling away more and more from others, retreating to the darkness to let your poor lil' infected soul slowly die away... And what's left??? A shell of the person you once were...

Today, I'm putting my self-doubt at the bottom of that green trash can outside, rolling it out to the curb, and letting the trash man take it on with him... I'm MORE than competent on my job... As a matter of FACT honey, I'm an asset to my campus... Just because I've been out of grad school since 2006 doesn't mean that I'm not smart enough to pick up where I left out and get my Masters... Any man would be oh-so-lucky to have me... Not just because I'm easy on the eyes (LoL), but because when I put my mind to it and decide to act right, I make one hell of a girlfriend and wife... I have the chance to make a name for myself in a positive light, regardless of what a hater has to say about me... 

Another person can doubt you all day, everyday... SO WHAT?!?!? Worrying about what someone else thinks about your capabilities is a complete waste of time... But as long as YOU'RE sitting up doubting what YOU'RE capable of, you'll never be able to upgrade... You'll always be stuck with the mentality that you're just not good enough or that your goals are unattainable... 

Say "adios" to those thoughts that make you believe the worst of yourself... Ain't nothin' to it but to do it, boo... ;)

'Til next time... XoXoXo
                                                                      

Comments

Unknown said…
Whew, that hit home for ME! Thank you for being Bold and Fearless. I needed the reminder that I'm more than what others think of me and self-doubt will not have a stronghold on me.

Popular posts from this blog

Come one, come all!!! Let me upgraaaaaade you!!!

Oh, I've Got Time Today, Honty... Yaaaaaaaas...

There MUST be something in the water...