The Numbers Game

"Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years. We grow old by deserting our ideals. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul." - Samuel Ullman


How many times have you looked at the clock so far today? Be honest... I'm sure it's been WAY more times than you would care to admit... How many times today alone have you felt rushed or hurried? I mean, it's only 11:30 in the morning my way, and I already feel like my kids will be getting out of school in a minute & homework is gonna need to get done... Numbers, ya'll... Those digits on the clock and on the calendar can be absolutely nerve-wrecking sometimes... The constant, never-ending countdown... But, to WHAT, though?????

I'm constantly asking myself, "Where has the time gone?" Only to be left with the same answer, "Away, hell..." LoL... I mean, seriously... It's gone & I can't get it back... There is no do-over or rewind button... The clock keeps ticking and the days roll forward... However, that doesn't mean that I have to be obsessed with the clock & with keeping time.. I'm realizing that my constant quest to do things in a "timely" manner (or so I thought) has actually gotten me a bit off track... When life got away from me, became a bit much to handle, I only focused on how long it's been taking me to get to where I want to go, not the fact that I'm headed that way...See, that's what it all boils down to, sweetheart... Where are you GOING????? I'm not worried about how long it's going to take you to get there, my friends... Keep that number to yourself... I just need to know that you're going somewhere.

I recently got caught up in the fact that I'm getting older... Yaaaaaaaaaaaas, honey... This spring chicken looked in the mirror, saw a few grays, and panicked on the cool... I'm not in the 20's club anymore, and 40 is creeping up on the kid with the quickness. But, guess what? There's not a single missed opportunity from my "younger" years that I can't find an equivalent for in the here and now... It's just a matter of believing in myself, going out there, and GETTING it... Age really just is a number, ya'll... You can be on any end of the number spectrum & deal with the same issues... Folks need to understand that you can experience struggle, triumph, loss, growth, & love at ANY age... And know that just because someone is older than you, it doesn't mean that they have their shit together, and someone who's younger than you isn't necessarily immature or not on your "level".

Numbers do lie, ya'll... Stop letting Yo Gotti & Lil Wayne make you think differently... Those numbers don't define you, though... You can be great at ANY age, on ANY given day of the week, baby... Play the game of LIFE instead of the numbers game, and I guarantee you'll come out winning every time...

'Til next time... XoXoXo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Come one, come all!!! Let me upgraaaaaade you!!!

Starting Over Ain't So Bad...

Oh, I've Got Time Today, Honty... Yaaaaaaaas...