Laaaaaaa-La-La-La, Wait 'Til I Get My Money Right...

"I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven,
 When I awoke I spent that on a necklace...
 I told God I'd be back in a second,
 Man, it's so hard not to act reckless..."  ---  Kanye West

I've heard the expression time and time again that "money is the root of all evil..." "A penny saved is a penny earned..." Oh, wait wait... Don't forget about "more money, more problems..." We hear countless quotes about money and it's influence... But, let's get down to the nitty-gritty... Money is like a WOMAN: You can't live with it, you can't live without it...

I've seen some money pass through these hands of mine... It's safe to say, more money than the average 31 year-old chick out of the South End of Little Rock.  However, I wasn't a very good steward of my money.  I was WAAAAAY to carefree and careless... I spent with reckless abandonment and without any real thought of the future... I balled OUT... It makes NO sense to have spent like I did, but still have unpaid student loans... LoL... (IJS, ya'll know I give it to you like it is... No filter...) What's even more sad is that I rarely gave God his hot 10% like I've been taught to do...

And now, the flip side... LoL... Yep, there's one... These days, my money is SACRED.  When I get paid, I already know where my money is going...  The thing that I have to keep in mind (daily, I might add) is that the way I was spending wasn't conducive to God's plan for my life.  I know that eventually, I'll be back to the point when I'll be able to do more for myself than I;m able to do now... The goal is for me to is be able to do it "independently" of man, completely allowing the Father to be my financial advisor.  Having money is a BEAUTIFUL thing!!!!  But having it and not knowing what to do with it can be ugly...  Having it and not appreciating it's value is a terrible thing...

I want to teach my kids something different.  I want them to understand the value of the dollar.  I want for them to know the importance of credit and how it will affect them over their life span... My kids learn by seeing, so that means I have to upgrade my babies to a higher level of financial education. It's NEVER too early to start.  They need to know that money isn't everything, but it ranks right up there with oxygen; you need it to survive...

I don't know about you, but I'm tryin' to keep livin'...

'Til next time... XoXoXo
                                     

Comments

Jacqueline said…
thanks,, for the words...something im dealing with in life right now.."careless spending"..but i am doing waayy better than before!!
mrsross said…
I experienced this in my previous marriage and paying for it now but I'm living and learning to do better.

Popular posts from this blog

Come one, come all!!! Let me upgraaaaaade you!!!

Oh, I've Got Time Today, Honty... Yaaaaaaaas...

Needful Things