There Once Was a Devil...


“I am in no mood to be deceived any longer by the crafty devil and false character whose greatest pleasure is to take advantage of everyone.” - Camille Claudel

I am in a CONSTANT battle with my flesh… I’m not even gonna sit here and lie to you… It’s a DAILY struggle to “make good choices” (as my 4 yr-old daughter often says) & do what I KNOW I’m supposed to do.  This world is a straight BEAST & she will devour you whole if you allow her to…

See, when folks think about “battling the flesh”, first thought usually goes to some sexual stuff… Now, don’t, get me wrong, I’m talking about that, too… But it’s MUCH deeper than that… I get suckered into worldly thoughts everyday… I sometimes look through old pictures & I miss my pretty house or my BMW… Yes, I just admitted that… Those are things of the WORLD… They were attained in a manner that pleased the flesh, so they had to GO because it did not please God… But on that same note, I snap back into the spirit realm & I just thank God for my home NOW that I share with my beautiful babies & I think of how happy they are… That material stuff just seems silly then…

The devil shows up though people, as well… That dude that comes along & whispers all those sweet nothings in your ear that you’ve been longing to hear… That fella that sends you flowers & makes you promises of more to come… That chick that tells you she’ll do all the things that your girlfriend or wife won’t do…  All wrapped up in pretty packaging… Now, I’m not calling THEM the devil, but their actions & attitudes towards you are works of the flesh… I’m not saying everyone has bad intentions, but you know there are just some folks that you have NO business fooling with…

When you find yourself in the break room gossiping with your co-workers, you’re operating in the flesh… You’re better than that, boo!!! When you’re dude/lady pisses you off & you start texting plan B, you’re operating in the flesh… That ain’t what you wanna hear, but I’m just gonna tell you the TRUTH…  When you seek pleasure consciously knowing that you’re going about it the wrong way, you’re operating in the flesh…

I am in NO way judging anyone reading this… Honey, my flesh worries my soul to DEATH… LoL… I’ve fallen victim many times over the years & I’m not gonna sell you a dream like I won’t again…  However, the key to upgrading is RECOGNIZING what you’re dealing with & really looking at how living in the flesh binds up your spirit… Pleasure for a moment can bring a lifetime of pain… Believe THAT… God wants His children to enjoy this life & to have nice things, but if your heart & spirit aren’t right, then you won’t be enjoying it for long…
Boosie said it right... "Devil, get up off me!!!" ;)

‘Til next time… XoXoXo

Comments

Miss Layne said…
Love Loove Looove It!!! Sooooo Truuuue.... #DevilGOSITDOWN!!

Popular posts from this blog

Come one, come all!!! Let me upgraaaaaade you!!!

Oh, I've Got Time Today, Honty... Yaaaaaaaas...

The Company That You Keep... Be Mindful, Homie... IJS...