Accountability At ALL Costs... So Necessary...

“It is wrong and immoral to seek to escape the consequences of one's acts.” 
- Mahatma Gandhi


It's been a minute, I know... Let me start by FIRST holding myself accountable for slacking up on my blogging "responsibilities"... LoL... For real, ya'll... Stuff has been kinda crazy, but that's no excuse for me to not provide you with my oh-so-realistic viewpoint on everyday living... Okay, now that that's out of the way, let's get down to the nitty-gritty...

I hate for folks to throw rocks and hide their hands... I hate for folks to pass the blame all the damned time... I hate for folks to toss other folks under the bus because it's convenient for them...  I can't even front, I've done all of those things a time or two in my life time... Before I knew better... And when you know better, you what??? Do better...

In my last blog, I talked about my move back to my hometown... Alot has happened since that last blog, my dear friends... ALOT... See, my outlook on living has changed DRAMATICALLY over the past few months... I stopped sugar-coating some things & just let them "be"...  I am who I am, love it or hate it... I make mistakes just like the next person... Honey, I make them often, no lie... LoL... But the difference between me & some others is that I hold myself FULLY accountable for any monkey-shit that I may do... I don't make excuses for my behavior... It is what it is... That accountability is SOOOO freeing to me!!! When I'm able to look at someone and say, "Yea, I did that...", I feel a sense of wholeness that I can't begin to explain...

Okay, now don't take this out of context, good people... Just because you hold yourself accountable for your actions, you don't have the green light to continue doing fool-a** stuff all the time... I had to learn that the hard way... And just as we're supposed to hold ourselves accountable, we have a certain charge to hold other's accountable, as well... That's in the Bible, boo... I'm just sayin'...

At the end of the day, I don't want to be the kind of chick that dodges my responsibilities because PLEASE know, I can't dodge the consequences... Once it's done, it's done... I DO want to be that chick that's wise enough to learn from my day-to-day lessons & upgrade to another level of consciousness & awareness in regards to what's right & wrong...

But you'd better BELIEVE I'm still gonna be the J. Wilk that you know & love... The J. Wilk that's true to ME... At all costs...

'Til next time (which will be SOONER rather than later, I promise)... XoXoXo

Comments

Unknown said…
You are right...Ephesians 4:25 talks about holding each other accountable for what comes out of our mouth. Meaning, when we lie to each other....we are skipping the accountability step.[ Ephesians 4:25 NKJV -->Therefore, putting away lying, “Let each one of you speak truth with his neighbor,” for we are members of one another.] ..... and also in the book of James...it is simply put, bring back the sinners....meaning tell them their error to bring them back to correction...[ James 5:19-20 NKJV -->19 Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, 20 let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins.].....You are on the right track.....We should all follow suit!

Popular posts from this blog

Come one, come all!!! Let me upgraaaaaade you!!!

Oh, I've Got Time Today, Honty... Yaaaaaaaas...

There MUST be something in the water...