Play Your Part

"We'll be cool as long as you just play your part..."

I love to listen to that song on Rick Ross' "Ashes to Ashes" album... "Play Your Part"...  Pretty self-explanatory, right??? You'd think so, but it's amazing how quickly people get confused as to where their place is in this life that we live...

It's unsettling to see people that you are close to or were once close to overstep their boundaries in certain situations.  I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but some folks just run out...  See, I know who I am... I'm Jennifer... Mother of 2 beautiful babies... Employee of the school district... Survivor... Friend... Soror... Daughter... Sister... Blogger... Ex... Future... Character... LoL... I'm ALL of that, honey... I have no right to tell anyone else how to live their life or to pass judgement on what they have going on... Now, I'll never front like I haven't done that before... I've done alot of things that I wish I could get a do-over on, but it's all about living and learning...  I've learned that I have a place in this world and a part to play... And I'm going to do just that...

What part are you destined to play? Are you constantly trying to play someone else's part?? Are you dipping and dabbing in roles that aren't quite cut out for you?

I ask this because as part of your personal upgrade, it's important to accept the hand that you've been dealt, make your next move your best move, and stay true to the role that you've been assigned... What do I look like walking into Jefferson Regional Medical Center trying to operate on someone with NO ONE'S medical degree or credentials??? Straight foolery... That is NOT my part so I shouldn't try to play it...  Shoot, that's like me trying to fix the transmission in my Honda... Not a mechanic, not my role... What you have going on in your life is not my concern, therefore I'm going to play my part and mind my own business... Do you get the gist of this???

I don't believe in conforming to what "society"expects of me, but I DO believe in staying in my own lane... I suggest you do the same...

'Til next time... XoXoXo




Comments

Unknown said…
Let the church say... Amen!! Jen, you telling the truth and nothing but.. I commend you for being honest, you're a refreshing breath of truth. It's ok to admit you used to be a certain way it shows character and gives credit to your testimony. Keep doing you!! Praying God's love&blessings to you. Continue with your #sonethingnew it truly looks good on YOU!

Popular posts from this blog

Come one, come all!!! Let me upgraaaaaade you!!!

Oh, I've Got Time Today, Honty... Yaaaaaaaas...

There MUST be something in the water...