The Company That You Keep... Be Mindful, Homie... IJS...

Friends... HOW MANY OF US HAVE THEM???

These days, I hear females refer to any and everyone as their "friend"... Folks that they just meet they turn right around and introduce them as their "friend"... Do WHAT?!?!?!  How do you figure that???  That sounds ridiculous...

Don't get me wrong... There's nothing wrong with being friendly... Shoot, I'm HELLA friendly... I strike up a conversation WHERE EVER I go... At the post office, the grocery store, the nail shop, the gas station... Whenever, wherever baby...  Friendly as ALL get-out... But I'm wise enough to know that these random people are NOT my friends... They are merely acquaintances... Associates, you could say... At the end of the day, I don't know them from Adam and they really don't know me...

This same concept goes for this Facebook and Twitter foolery.  Folks peep your profile and SWEAR they know you and that ya'll are friends... Now, this is true for some of your FB folks and Twitter followers... They ARE in fact your actual friends... LoL... But you know GOOD and damned well that a vast majority of people who you connect with on social networks just wanna be nosey... Say I'm lyin'... *shrugs*

The people that you consider to be your friend is a direct reflection of your character...  If you surround yourself with ratchets, hey you're probably a bit ratchet... (Boosie said we all got some ratchet in us... LoL...) If you're running with a bunch of shoplifting boosters, then I'm PROLLY gonna watch my purse when I'm around you... Heeeeeeey, I'm just sayin'...  What's that saying??? Oh, yea... "Birds of a feather flock together..."  It sounds so stereotypical, but it's so true... Sadly enough...

I have a select few that I can call my "friends" with a clear conscious... I have my childhood 26th and State friends, some OLGC & MSM friends, some Central High friends, some UAPB friends, and some "life experience" friends... These are folks that I know that no matter how much time passes, we can pick right up as if we just ended a conversation last night...

Why not make the conscious effort to upgrade your friends list??? I'm not talking about the ones on your social networks... I mean, the ones in REAL life... The people that you interact with on a day-to-day basis... Extend an extra greeting to a few church members... Get to know them and let them get to know you... Now, I know that all church folks ain't right, but a good majority of them are... You've just got to weed the unrighteous out, that's all... LoL... If you're in a sorority or fraternity, get with members who truly BELIEVE in the beauty of community service...  You can be cool with ALL your co-workers, but you just can't call them all your friends... Hell, your co-workers can turn out to be some of your main haters... Skinning and grinning in your face and then talking bad about you behind your back... That is NOT friendly...

Look, I'm just saying this:  Be mindful of the company that you keep... Everyone is NOT meant to be your friend and that"s just some thing you have to accept... Cheer up, it's not the end of the world... it's just life... Don't let the people around you keep you from the upgrade that God has for you...

'Til next time... XoXoXo

Comments

Unknown said…
This is really true! However Im not talking about you!!....lol love you lady!! ♥
Jennifer Dawn said…
LoLoLoL... Yea, that doesn't pertain 2 u, either!!!! Love u 2, boo!!!! :)
Nikki said…
This shit gave me a headache! Too damn true!

Popular posts from this blog

Come one, come all!!! Let me upgraaaaaade you!!!

Oh, I've Got Time Today, Honty... Yaaaaaaaas...

There MUST be something in the water...