"Thankful" Doesn't Even Sum It Up

Well, well, well... My favorite day of the year has rolled around once again... Thanksgiving Day 2012...

Thanksgiving has always been my favorite day of the year, every since I was a child... Anyone who knows me KNOWS that I miss NO meals... LoL... Real talk... Folks are always saying, "Give it to Jennifer... She'll eat it..." And I usually do (which has gotten my stomach in trouble one too many times...) 

As I've gotten older, I've come to realty appreciate this day for more than a day of intense eating without guilt... Yea, I know it's all about the pilgrims & Indians & whatnot, but I believe in TRULY embracing the "thankfulness" aspect of this day... When I woke up this morning, I was feeling some kind of way... I was comforted by the fact that I was in the bed between my two babies, but I was slightly saddened at the realization of changes that have taken place. Change, no matter how necessary, can sometimes be unsettling. As I got up & started moving around, however, that spirit of thankfulness swept over me & I couldn't help but to smile as I cooked breakfast and prepared for the day... All I kept chanting in my head was, "Lord, I just thank You."  Simple as that. "I might not be where I want to be, but thank You God that I'm not where I USED to be.." was my other chant... I just became overwhelmed with the thought of all the things that God has done for me that I could NEVER have done for myself... I went from feeling thankful to feeling humbled... Humbled that He saw fit to love someone like me unconditionally & to CONTINUE to strengthen me on this journey... I went from feeling humbled to overjoyed... Overjoyed at the prospect of my future!!!! Just thinking of the possibilities is enough to send up a shout... LoL... I'm just saying...

As I continue to experience my personal upgrade, I'm just thankful... Thankful that God has opened my heart to share it & thankful that you think enough of me to join me for the ride...

Happy Thanksgiving.... :)

'Til next time... XoXoXo

Comments

Unknown said…
We all are thankful.

Popular posts from this blog

Come one, come all!!! Let me upgraaaaaade you!!!

Oh, I've Got Time Today, Honty... Yaaaaaaaas...

There MUST be something in the water...