Honesty: A Gift & a Curse

"Honesty is the best policy..."

So they say...

Who came up with that saying, anyway?  We're taught that as little kids... "Always tell the truth." It sounds easy enough, right?? But you & I BOTH know that honesty is a double-edged sword... It can shine light on a situation or it can completely tear a person down... 

I've had my share of "less-than-honest" moments... That's a cute way of saying that I've told a few lies in my time... LoL... Hell, I'm not gonna sugar-coat a THANG... The thing about a lie is that you have to remember that bullshit... Ain't nobody got time for all that... One lie leads to another & before you know it's a landslide of lies... No bueno...

The thing with the truth though is that people can't always handle it... The truth can be very hurtful sometimes. People say that they want it, but when they get it they don't know what to do with it... There have been some moments lately where honesty has taken me kinda fast... LoL... I'm for real...

I think it's important to be honest, but every truthful thought that you have doesn't have to come out of your mouth... Use some discernment... don't ramble off at the mouth and then holler out, "WHAT?!?! You want me to be honest, don't you?!?!?" LoL... That's that stuff I don't like... (9 out of 10 times, they're not keeping it 100 anyway...) Be considerate of other's feelings in your quest for honesty... Be lead by the truth, but don't take a path that more destructive than constructive...

'Til next time... XoXoXo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Come one, come all!!! Let me upgraaaaaade you!!!

Oh, I've Got Time Today, Honty... Yaaaaaaaas...

There MUST be something in the water...